Re-opening a COVID-safe Australia and economy
There have been 6,899 confirmed cases in Australia and sadly 97 people have died. There are now only around 1,000 active cases in Australia, and over the past week, daily infection rates have remained low. Testing remains high, with more than 730,000 tests undertaken in Australia.
We need to continue to have the right controls in place to test more people, trace those who test positive and respond to local outbreaks when they occur. These are precedent conditions to enable Australia to relax baseline restrictions and enable Australians to live and work in a COVID-19 safe economy.
- Australian Government PM Media Release Update on Coronaviras Measures https://www.pm.gov.au/media/update-coronavirus-measures-08may20
- 3 Step Framework for a COVID safe Australia. https://www.pm.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/three-step-framework-covidsafe-australia.pdf
Recovery from COVID-19
South Australia is set to relax COVID-19 restrictions after a national announcement today. The South Australian government has released its Roadmap for Easing COVID-19 Restrictions, with stage one to start on Monday 11 May
- SA Government Premier Steven Marshall Media Release COVID restrictions to ease https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/latest-news/covid-restrictions-to-ease-from-monday.
- SA Government Recovery from COVID-19 https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/recovery
- SA Government Roadmap for easing COVID-19 Restrictions https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0012/195879/200059.4-COVID-19-RoadMap_FINAL.PDF
- Coober Pedy Hospital and Health Services https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au
- Coober Pedy Medical Practice https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au
- Coober Pedy Area School http://www.cooberpedy.sa.edu.au/
- Australian Red Cross https://www.redcross.org.au/
- South Australia Police Station https://www.police.sa.gov.au
- Aboriginal Family Support Services https://www.afss.com.au/
- Department of Child Protection https://www.childprotection.sa.gov.au/
- Umoona Aged Care Aboriginal Corporation https://www.agedcareguide.com.au
- National Indigenous Australians Agency (NIAA) https://www.niaa.gov.au/indigenous-affairs/community-safety/coronavirus-covid-19-support-measures-indigenous-australians
- Far North Health Advisory Council https://www.facebook.com/Far-North-Health-Advisory-Council-191253748482101/
- Community Development Program https://www.indigenous.gov.au/news-and-media/stories/cdp-changes-covid-19
District Council of Coober Pedy
- Council Meetings and Town Meetings
- Water Department
- Electricity Department
- Council Office and Visitor Information Centre
- Mini Gems Child Care Centre
- Swimming Pool
- Community Library
- Waste Management Department
- Coober Pedy Airport
- Kanku Breakaways Reservation Park
Council Meetings and Town Meetings
Council meeting will continue as normal but with video conference offered on Zoom.
Town meetings will continue as normal until further notice.
The Council’s Water Department will operate as normal business hours. Operations will be in line with SA Health guidelines for infection control to minimise the risk of COVID disrupting services.
The Works Department will operate has normal business hours. Operations will be in line with SA Health guidelines for infection control to minimise the risk of COVID disrupting services.Customer service for depot sales will operate with electronic sales only.
The Council's Electricity Supply will continue to function normally. Operations will be in line with SA Health guidelines for infection control to minimise the risk of COVID disrupting services. If you experience a power interruption or power quality issues, please do not hesitate to call the Electricity Supply on call operator on 0417 814 617. This is a 24hr service.
Council Office and Visitor Information Centre
Council office and Visitor Information Centre will remain open until further notice.
Mini Gems Child Care Centre
SA Government Recovery from COVID-19 Child Care has eased restrictions as follows:
- Parents are restricted from entering the main building; they will remain in the reception area where they will meet their child. Sign in sheet and children’s bags will be placed in reception area;
- Everyone to use hand sanitizer or wash hands on entering;
- All children to wipe hands with appropriate hand wipes or taken directly to the bathroom to wash hands;
- Staff to maintain good hygiene practices;
- Wipe all frequently touched surfaces including activity tables with Germex spray after snacks and meals;
- Wipe down all door handles including entry and exit points, toilets and office doors with Germex every day;
- Clean toys with Germex at the end of each day;
- Check children’s temperatures if they display flu-like symptoms;
- Toys from home are not allowed to be brought into the Centre;
- No visitors are allowed into the Centre unless authorised by the Community Services Manager; and
- No excursions away from the Centre are allowed.
The Swimming Pool has opened and will operate according to SA Government directions.
The Gym is run by Coober Pedy Sport and Recreation and is operating according to SA Government directions.
The Library is open
Monday to Thursday 4:00pm to 5:500pm
Sundays 12:00pm to 5:00pm
Library staff ask you to observe the following restrictions:
- Use of hand sanitiser
- Limit of 5 patrons
- Limit of 20 minutes browse and borrow
- Maintain 1.5 meters social distancing
- Computer service NOT available until further notice.
Staff thank you for your patience and understanding.
Waste Management Department
Waste Management Department will still operate as normal.
Coober Pedy Airport
Coober Pedy Airport will still operate as normal but with a reduced schedule of Rex Airlines flights. Airport checks by separate staff rotating for full week will be in place.
Kanku Breakaways Reservation Park
The Kanku-Breakaways Conservation Park remains OPEN. All visitors are required to follow social distancing and SA Health recommendations on preventing the spread of COVID-19. Kanku-Breakaways staff will continue to update the facebook page with information about the park, plants and animals as well as any further visitor updates. Park inspections will continue to be done by park staff. If you have any questions, please call the Executive Officer on 0499982999.