Payment of rates will be payable quarterly and due on:
- 1st Payment Friday 27th Spetember 2019
- 2nd Payment Friday 6th December 2019
- 3rd Payment Friday 6th March 2020
- 4th Payment Friday 5th June 2020
A quarterly notice will be issued to the ratepayer within 30 to 60 days of the due date for each quarter.
Any ratepayer who may, or is likely to, experience difficulty with meeting the standard payment arrangements is invited to contact Council’s Rates & Property Officer on 08 86 724 600 to discuss alternative payment arrangements. Such inquiries are treated confidentially by the Council.
The Council has adopted a policy that where the payment of rates will cause a ratepayer demonstrable hardship, the Council is prepared to make available extended payment arrangements.
Rates will be regarded as arrears when an instalment of rates is not paid on or before the due date, and
- Councils impose a penalty of a 2% fine on any payment for rates, whether instalment or otherwise, that is received late.
- At the end of each full month a payment that continues to be late is then charged an interest rate, set each year according to a formula in the Act.
The Council issues a final notice for payment of rates when rates are overdue i.e. unpaid by the due date. Should rates remain unpaid more than 14 days after the issue of the final notice then the Council refers the debt to a debt collection agency for collection. The debt collection agency charges collection fees that are recoverable from the ratepayer.
Recovery of Rates
When the Council receives a payment in respect of overdue rates the Council applies the money received in the following order:
- first - to satisfy any costs awarded in connection with court proceedings;
- second - to satisfy any interest costs;
- third - in payment of any fines imposed;
- fourth - in payment of rates, in chronological order (starting with the oldest account first).
Receiving your rates notices
You can receive your rates notices electronically via Ezybill.
Electronic delivery of your rate notice makes it easier and more convenient for you to manage your payments, save paper and reduce waste.
You'll have your notice accessible on any electronic device and at your fingertips whenever you are ready to pay your rates.
Signup today in two simple steps:
- Set up your ezybill account
Please note, you will need to set up a new account before completing registration information.
Follow the 'sign up now' buttons on the home page to quickly create an account.
- Subscribe to the service you want.
You’ll be notified when your bill arrives by email.
For further information or assistance, please contact the Council office on 08 8672 4600.